is not an antique to be taken down, dusted, admired and put back
on the shelf. It is a dynamic instrument for bringing about development
-development which is not confined to economic growth, but reaches
out to every human being in the country. The focus of law must
be human beings. Law is neither abstract nor is a set of mechanical
rules. It has a social purpose and an economic mission.
Therefore, in a developing country like India, law must be dynamic
not static. Law must not be inhibited by the past, it must look
out into the future and satisfy hopes aspirations of the people.
As observed by Cardozo -The inn that shelters for the night
is not the journey’s end, law like the travelers must be
ready for the morrow.”
LL.M (Gold Med), NET & PhD
• Teaching LL.B (3 & 5 Year Law Course), LL.M
• Research Member Ph.D Committee
as a teaching professional:
Youngest Principal in India at the age of 24 years at a professional
• Worked as Principal at Nizamabad Law College, Nizamabad
(Andhra Pradesh) for nine years.
• Working as Dean and Principal at Bharati Vidyapeeth’s
New Law College, Pune since 2000.
Did his doctorate in Law on Role of Directive Principles in the
interpretation of the constitution under the guidance of Prof.
A.R. Laxminath (at present the Vice Chancellor, Chanakya National
Law University, Patna)
• Dean and Principal of New Law College, Bharati Vidyapeeth
• Chairman, Board of Studies at Bharati Vidyapeeth Law faculty;
• Director for paper setting and central assessment programme;
• Legal advisor and law officer at Bharati Vidyapeeth University;
• Member, Local Inspection Committee, Pune University Law
• Visiting Law Faculty, University of Sussex , Brighton
• Visiting Law Faculty, Kings College of London;
• Programme Officer at N.S.S.;
• Regional Director, Distance Education, Bharati Vidyapeeth
Recipient of Pune Municipal Corporation Best Teacher Award, 2003
• Recipient of the Rashtra Shakti Foundation Award, 2004
• Recipient of National legal development Award 2006
• Recipient of National Bar Award, 2008
and conferences :
Attended seminar on strengthening of Indo-British legal ties at
New Delhi in Sept.2005
• Participated in National Seminar on Intellectual Property
Rights with Hon’ble Mr. Justice S.S. Parkar, Judge, Bombay
High Court & Hon’ble Dr. Vijay Chitnis, Member, State
Human Rights Commission on 21st March, 2004.
•Organized and seated National Seminars with galaxy of judges
including Hon’ble Justice P.N. Bhagwati, Chariman, UNHR
Committee and Former Chief Justice of India/ Hon’ble Justice
A.M. Ahmadi, Former Chief Justice of India/ Hon’ble Justice
Ranganath Mishra, Former Chief Justice of India/ Hon’ble
Justice Y.V. Chandrachud, Former Chief Justice of India/ Hon’ble
Justice R.C. Lahoti, Former Chief Justice of India/ Hon’ble
Justice Shivraj Patil, Judge, Supreme Court of India/ Hon’ble
Justice N. Santosh Hegade, Judge Supreme Court of India/ Hon’ble
Justice Ms. Ruma Pal, Judge, Supreme Court of India/ Hon’ble
Justice S.N. Variava Judge, Supreme Court of India/ Hon’ble
Justice K.G. Balakrishnan, Judge, Supreme Court of India/ Hon’ble
Justice S.B. Sinha, Judge, Supreme Court of India/ Hon’ble
Justice S.H. Kapadia, Judge, Supreme Court of India/ Hon’ble
Justice G.P. Mathur, Judge, Supreme Court of India/ Hon’ble
Justice C.K. Thakker, Chief Justice, Bombay High Court/ Hon’ble
Justice Ranjana Desai, Judge, Bombay High Court/ Hon’ble
Justice Dilip Karnik, Judge, Bombay High Court/ Hon’ble
Justice Dilip Bhosale Judge, Bombay High Court/ Hon’ble
Justice Ajay M. Khanvilkar, Judge, Bombay High Court/ Hon’ble
Justice V.G. Palshikar, Judge, Bombay High Court/ Hon’ble
Justice S.Radhakrishnan, Judge, Bombay High Court/ Hon’ble
Justice S.S. Parkar, Judge, Bombay High Court/ Hon’ble Justice
V.M. Kanade, Judge, Bombay High Court/ Hon’ble Advocate.
Adish Aggarwala, Vice-Chairman, Bar Council of India, New Delhi/
Hon’ble Advocate Ujjwal Nikam, Special Public Prosecutor,
CBI, Bombay Bomb Blast Case.
On the invitation of Law Society of England and Wales visited
London in May 2006 and delivered lectures on ‘Human Rights’
at Kings College, London & Law Society.
• Being appointed as Research Faculty on the Board of University
of Sussex, Brigston.
• Ph.D. Students - Enrolled - 10 Students
• Ph.D Awarded - 5 students
Co-Authored on Law :
Constitutional Law - New Challenges
• Law & Social Transformation
• Human Rights of Vulnerable groups
above books were released at the hands of Hon. Mr. Justice P.N.
Bhagwati, Former Chief Justice of India and Hon. Mr. Justice Dalveer
Bhandari, the then Chief Justice of Bombay High Court.
Most Remarkable Invitation:
He was invited to attend the swearing ceremony of the then Chief
Justice of India Hon. Mr. Justice R.C. Lahoti at Rashtrapati Bhavan
with NGO’s :
• Documentary film on ‘Hath se hath mila’ was
screened with famous cine actress Ms. Urmila Martondkar which
was telecasted on DD1 concerning awareness on HIV Aids patients
• Guided various projects undertaken by students with Human
Rights Organisation such as Maharashtra State Human Rights Commission
and National Human Rights Commission.
• Organized various Legal Aid Camps at near by villages
of Pune City to create legal awareness